We are proud to announce that Dungeon Tours Ltd., Tangent Artists’ first roleplaying system, will soon be coming to Kickstarter!
Before we do, we want to hear what you think of it. Thus, we present to you:
The Dungeon Tours, Ltd. Open Beta!
We are looking for bright, eager gamers who are interested in trying out this hot new game before everyone else!
What’s Dungeon Tours Limited about?
You are a group of semi-retired adventurers, and your days of delving into dungeons are almost over. However, there’s been a recent trend of young nobles going “dungeoning”; and you have a client lined up who is willing to pay crazy money to join your party on your next adventure.
But there’s a problem: the noble twit won’t last three seconds in a real dungeon. So, you’re going to have to fake it. You have three days to find a cave, fill it with foam spikes and paper-mache dragons, and guide the client through. Can you reach the end without the twit uncovering the truth?
What rules does it use?
DTL uses the Fate Accelerated roleplaying system; it puts storytelling first and is easy to learn. This is available to us through the generosity of Evil Hat, who have made the game available to all through the open gaming licence. You can find it:
Book and/or PDF purchase: http://www.evilhat.com/home/fae/
Free to read: https://fate-srd.com/fate-accelerated/get-started
What is the Beta Test?
We’ve had the pleasure of running multiple DTL games, and had a blast every time. However, before we launch it on Kickstarter, we’re anxious to see what others think. What are your thoughts? What’s it like when you run it? How can we make it even better?
What’s in it for ME?
Good question! All of our playtesters will be rewarded. Based on how much you help out, playtesters will get a certain amount of Beta Points. See below:
- +1 Point: Downloading the rules and returning a feedback sheet. (Mandatory!)
- +1 Point: Returning a copy of the manuscript with edits or notations
- +1 Point: Reporting about the Beta or your experience on your site / blog / vlog / podcast
- +1 Point: Joining a game of DTL (run by someone else)
- +3 Point: Running a game of DTL
You will get rewards based on your number of points (these are cumulative, so you get every level under it).
- 1 point: You will be listed in the final product as a selfless playtester, and have our personal thanks.
- 2 points: AND You will receive a FREE digital copy of the completed rulebook
- 3 points: AND You will also get any DTL supplemental PDFs that are added to the kickstarter.
- 5 points: AND You will also get a free digital copy of Tangent Artists #1 selling comedic reference book, The Handbook for Saucy Bards!
- 10+ points: AND You will also get your name (or the name of one of your characters) featured in the finished rulebook.
Great! Where do I sign up?
To sign up, you’ll need to fill out the sign-up sheet here, and we’ll send you a copy of the rules to you shortly.
After you’re done, fill out the feedback form.
In the meantime, if you want to talk to others about your thoughts and questions, you can share them in the G+ community.
The Beta will be ending on March 5 – Please return all comments and feedback by then!